19.7.14

Counting to potatoe in Japanese


It was hot today. Like, really hot. My mom said that it was recommended to stay as much as possible in the shadows and to avoid doing strenuous activities. It was that hot. Didn't stop me from waltzing to the Albert Heijn, our local supermarket, and a post office, though. I desperately needed a pen. I ran out of proper writing materials some days ago and I wanted a notebook for my Japanese studies, so I decided to take a look at this shop that sells office supplies.

First of all, they are really expensive. I wanted to go to a store called the Action, which is like heaven for cheapskates like me, but it's really far away and my steel stag is dead. The back tire is flat with a hole in it with a radius of one centimeter. At least it died quickly without any suffering. Within 10 seconds the tire was completely flat. This happened months ago and I've been to lazy to get it fixed. But to get back on track, the Action was too far away so I decided to take a look in this office supply store. 

After scouting for a good 20 minutes I decided on a simple flat soft cheap soft cover notebook with blocks instead of lines. It helps to keep the characters organized. One character per box. It's a bit tricky to stuff really complex Kanji in one box, but so far so good. I filled a few pages already with information, like the Hiragana chart, Katakana chart, and some Kanji on numerals and how to count. I also bought a black ball pen, which I love. It was 40 cents, I don't know if that is really cheap, but it was cheap enough for me. Desperate times require desperate measures.

I had a breakfast of milk and cookies. After I bought my stuff at the office supply store - I should really take a better look at the name of the store next time - I doubled back and bought milk, chocolate chip cookies and hot pockets from the Albert Heijn. Currently the hot pockets are still laying in the drawer, untouched. I think. The cookies are nearly all gone, only a few survivors are left. That's what happens if I tell my sister that there are milk and cookies. 

My mom got me Fanta and donuts, which I accepted gratefully. I was eating donuts while watching Lost Girl when my mom barged in. She wanted to loan 615 euro's from me to pay for a vacation. It was a bit awkward because my fingers were all sticky from the chocolate donut I was eating and I couldn't touch anything really. This greatly complicated the notion of picking one's laptop up and to pause the video. Me and my first world problems.

So I went downstairs with my mom and we did the transaction. Then I went back to watching Lost Girl. That season finale was tense. I might have cried out during a few particular moments. Later my mom said that she canceled the trip because while it was a vacation, you had to figure out a way to get there yourself. There was no plane included. That's quite inconvenient. She called the enterprise to cancel the vacation, and if all goes well my money should be back tomorrow. I'm probably going to forget to check my bank account tomorrow.

I forgot to wash my work cloths, so now they are still stinky and slightly covered in brushed of flower. Maybe I'm too aggressive with filling the flower shelves, the stuff always goes everywhere, particularly on me. I'll have to spray it with an excessive amount of deodorant to elude my fellow co-workers tomorrow. My 3/4th eaten cake is still laying on my bureau next to the old shoe boxes. I still have two donuts left. I'm going to leave them for tomorrow. Also, I can - in theory -  count to 99 in Japanese now. Go me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment