22.1.14

Starting up a Minecraft server


I was hiding behind my door as my mom entered my room. When she saw me we both sort of had a grinning match, it was a pretty funny situation. The reason to the situation however, wasn't that funny. I slept through most of school today, again. At some point I thought about hiding in the closet, but I didn't have time to make it. I sort of froze like a deer in headlights when I heard those footsteps growing closer, and closer.

I spend the day working on setting up a Minecraft server. It's mostly up and running now and I'm thinking about hiring a dedicated server. The Minecraft server I play on now is closing in two months, so the community will be migrating to an other server. I'm using the map I used a year ago for a server I had with four other people. Unfortunately we had to close down after a few months, but I still had the map.

I got my letter today about the Gregorius Show. I haven't opened it yet but I know it contains a ticket for the show and an agenda of what's going to happen. As a member of the decor building team I always get free tickets for the first night. On the second night we are back stage loading everything into a truck right after an act is performed on stage. We also perform small on site reparations.

The show is next Monday. I won't be following classes then as we meet up at the other location to load stuff into the truck to move it to the theater building across the street. It's always a lot of stuff. Once we're done with that we get everything done in the theater, like getting everything in place and such. Now I think about it, I'm getting nervous about remembering how to everything again. I don't want to look stupid after four years of service.

I watched Hunger Games Catching Fire with my mom this evening while eating noodles. I was constantly holding back information about what they didn't show in the movie but what was in the book, which was hard. It was disappointing to see that they left some stuff out I was looking forward to seeing on screen. I also imagined the characters quite differently than how they were portrayed in the movie.

For the evening I derped on my Minecraft server with some friends, adding shop signs and generating some terrain. Because my map was from 1.6.4 it had a defined border where the new chunks began. First I thought it was the world going corrupted again, but it was just the new terrain from the newer version; 1.7.2.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

No comments:

Post a Comment