11.1.14

public static void main



Today started with Mathematics. To be more precise, with drawing in perspective. Again, ironic that I should learn that at mathematics rather than art class. Speaking of art class, I have a big assignment that needs to be turned in on Monday. So I have to conjure up a big awesome report on a painting in less than two days. Should be achievable, I hope.

They were giving these tedious arithmetic tests during my free hour after mathematics in the school library. It so happens to be that I really needed to be in the library at that time to practice my nonexistent Java programming skills on the computers there. So the most logical thing to do at the time was to sneak myself in with a false identity and lie through my teeth.

I walked up to the desk, very casually, and said that I was a fifth grader since those were, for some reason called M hours, allowed in the school library even though they were giving that arithmetic test. Of course the lady recognized me immediately and said I had no business here. I should have anticipated that. I also have no bloody idea what 'M hours' are. Fortunately she was kind enough to allow me to sit quietly at the top floor after I begged her to let me program in Java here. 

I plugged in my headphones and started playing some music from my own "Music Of the Month" page. I took some notes of several important things from "Java From the Beginning" and fired up Notepad++. After I saved my first derpy Java program which would only print: "Welcome to Java", I came after several tries at the conclusion that they disabled Java scripts on this, and probably all the school computers. Ain't that a bitch. I'll have to do it again on my own computer some time. Perhaps tomorrow.

During art history class we had to give a presentation about the 'New Building Style', which I knew nothing about. I just made up some bull crap on the spot five minutes prior to the presentation. Our team didn't plan it very well and we had a last minute meeting to make up a decent plan of action. All in all; the presentation was decent. I felt like a rag doll afterwards, but it was decent. I had no awkward silences and my grammar was correct for 90% of the time.

After history art class I waited with Katinka and Birgit for an hour because Birgit had to wait for the catch-up hour to begin. After the bell announced that the 7th period was over Katinka and I made our way to the other school building location where the decor building headquarters reside in the basement of lockers. It sounds so cool, "The Basement of Lockers". 

Anyway, the decor building gang was working on various objects for the upcoming Gregorius Show. Katinka and I worked on the giant Earth we had to paint. We already had the oceans done, we just had to paint the continents green. Mr Heideman, the leader of us lot, only took notice of me when I had been there for at least twenty minutes. talking about going unnoticed. At the end of the 8th period we only had to do some fine tuning on the continents for the desired effect, but our time was up for today. 

So we headed to Coot's Sandwiches, a cafeteria where we always eat after decor building.The fries there are pretty good. We were with a group of like seven people, which is quite a lot. Marc was paying, as he does most of the time. I do feel guilty sometimes that I don't pay, but if the boy insists on paying I won't stop him. I did pay once, but that was with a much smaller group. I wouldn't be able, or want to effort to pay for the current numbers we are with now every Friday. We also got to hear that Coot, the owner, has sold the place to someone who was willing to pay big money for it. I'm wondering what will happen to it now.

I have to work tomorrow, meaning that staying up till 1:26 AM is not a very wise decision I accidentally happened to make this evening. And the business trip is tomorrow on Sunday! I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. I'm not a people person.

I heard something on Skyradio this evening that drew my attention: a writing contest! I'm definitely going to join, even if it is just to get some more exposure. The price is a company publishing your work, which I'm probably not going to win, and I am not even sure right now if that is really the price, but it's fun to enter none the less. Some extra feedback on your work is always nice. What I think I'm going to do is compile a few of my blog posts into a fancy story and use that.

I also read some fascinating Doctor Who fan fiction. Oh, I've got so much fan fiction to look forward too. The inner fan girl in me is grinning like a fool.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes,that drawing in perspective derpshine...
    The basement of lockers sounds AWESOME. A storage room for storage things :)

    ReplyDelete