19.1.14

Relaxed Work Day


Work was delightfully plain. The blue crates were finished in no time and for the rest I cleaned the canteen a bit. We finished right on time, too. Today was by far the easiest Saturday in months. Probably because we were with so many and there weren't that many customers. Fenna and Svenna helped me with the blue crates for a bit.

Every time someone touches my crates I feel like that person is stealing away my job. Probably childish but that's how I feel about it. I know I'm not the only one doing it, yes, but it is sort of my thing. The thing I do every Saturday. It's my task to get the job done, to get all the crates checked. At the end of the day they will look at me if something got messed up along the way, not to the other people who helped me doing it.

Svenna had to go early so that left Mick, Fenna, Anke, and Jolien. I walked out with Svenna, thinking we were all going to walk out, but then the door closed behind me. That was quite a 'Dafuck' moment. After looking stupid for a few seconds I marched back inside. Solidarity till the end.

Mick had to give off the keys of the place to Marlot, one of the managers (in training). The problem was that he didn't know where she lived. Luckily, I do know where she lives. So when we departed he handed me the keys and I delivered them through her mailbox. She lives really near me, I just had to get ten Meters off my usual route.

I put my bike in the shed, at last, much to my mom's joy. After that I chatted for a bit and then I retreated upstairs to my room. After about half an hour my mom called dinner was being served. It was very fancy  dinner: baked potatoes, cheese filled chicken and peas.

My sister showed me her game that she 'made'. She didn't really make it, but more or less changed things from a pre-made something. It was part of a school project sort of deal called 'Giving Back'. It's a program with students getting mentors that have the profession that they want to pursue. It's mighty fancy. I thought about participating but I figured I would lack the motivation to show up for their meetings.

I'm currently sitting here, very late, or early, it's just the way you would call 3 AM in the morning, in my room listening to soundtracks from Doctor Who and this anime. I think it's time for me to face plant my bed.

I still have to watch Ripper Street and eat that popcorn.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

No comments:

Post a Comment