13.1.14

Sunday's business trip


Today's business trip went splendid! A group of us gathered in front of the store to cycle to the destination given by the map, which we did. Poor Mick, a co worker, was one hour early because he read the time wrong. He had been sitting in a cafe for an hour, sipping coffee.I also wore makeup today, something I usually I don't do. I'm thinking about making a habit of it.

I cycled next to my co worker Dealan. He's a nerd, like me, which is great. We talked about anime and Doctor Who. It's great to have someone to discuss that sort of stuff with. None of my friends are much into anime and Doctor Who as I am, unfortunately.

We arrived at the parking lot where we were going to meet up and I chained my bike to a street light. Because Fenna couldn't attach her bike to a street light I linked her bike with mine. We chatted for a bit as the others arrived on either bicycles or by car. We were with quite a huge group today. Like thirty man!

At some point, when everybody was there, we got to choose a team. With a team I mean someone who you would be driving with. It's a long way from Overvecht to Hilversum, where the archery institute is, so we were leaving our bicycles behind to drive to the place.  Dealan and I got into a car with Niels, a friend of Dealan, and the person who suggested to do archery. Niels is an archer himself and shoots at the institute where we would be trying not to fail epically with a bow and arrow.

We chatted about science fiction crap and "What would you do if there was a zombie apocalypse?". It was great. We were the first ones to arrive since Niels knew exactly where it was. We waited at the parking lot for a while. We also had this funny theory how the others  might have phoned each other and that they might have stopped to discuss a plan of action on how to get there after getting horribly lost. Pretty hilarious.

 At some point the second car arrived, which contained six people. At the end we were all waiting for one more car too arrive, and everybody was pointing out how we only had three passengers while everybody else had three people stuffed in the back, and some even four people. We had by far the most relaxed ride, I think.

While we were waiting for the last car Paul was making jokes about it how they might have had an accident and how that was terrible to say and no one should say that. The irony. We also thought that they might have gotten lost. Fortunately, Joost and the others arrived a couple of minutes later.

We entered the building and got run through the safety measures and how you actually shoot with a bow. I think I did pretty well. The people walking around complimented me on my stance and looked funny at me with some sort of admiration. I might have imagined that last bit to make myself feel less awkward about it, though.

At the end of our training we had a competition. Marlot won, with as runner up Tim on second place, and Maya on third place! Dealan and I got disqualified at round three. Well, at least we had survived that far. After round four roughly 90% dropped. Archery is really hard. 

We also got to shoot on balloons, which was when shit got real. I actually got to hit my green balloon after two rounds. I felt so proud! Unfortunately, Dealan did not get to hit his balloon. Girl power for the win!

At the end Marlot, Tim, and Maya were rewarded with a cup and a bottle of champagne for first place, a smaller bottle of beer for the runner up, and a can of something for third place. Marlot got rewarded with second place, and Tim with first place because Niels accidentally mixed those two up. Marlot didn't want to trade afterwards, though. She liked her beer too much, hehe. There was also a price for the person that did worst, which was really cool in my opinion.

Niels didn't shoot while we were derping around like noobs, but at the end he, his father, and his sister did a demonstration from the distance they use during competitions. We were shooting from less than ten meters. These awesome archers were shooting from twenty meters away, shooting balloons to bits and hitting the bulls eye quite an awful lot. Then Paul made the remark that shooting from a distance must be easier if they could do it so well.

Had a drink at the archer institute and I chatted with Dealan at the bar. Every seat was taken at the tables, but at least I wasn't sitting all alone. It's already awkward enough when you don't know half of the people that are in the room. The disadvantage of only working on Saturdays.

We returned to the parking lot. While we were driving back we watched a beautiful sunset from inside the car. The sky lit up in a burning sea of orange, red, purple, and pink. It was mighty fancy. Lonneke was driving with us now because the car she was in was rather overpopulated and we had more than enough space. I couldn't help but notice that it was much more quiet in the car when she was in it. I guess no one wanted to make her feel left out while we ranted on why Dinosaurs on a space ship was not a good episode of Doctor Who. There was just no plot line what so ever! Instead we talked about the weapon law and the fact that it is legal to walk around with a bow and arrow in public.

We returned at the parking lot at around six o'clock; dinner time. There had been reservations at a very fancy restaurant for this evening. We walked there, since it was close to where we parked out bicycles. It was a fort with one meter wide walls and it had a fancy bonfire going on outside. I sat next to Dealan and we continued our conversation on anime.

When it was announced that we could go and plate up the hunting season for sea food had been opened, for me at least. I'm a big fan of fish. I actually out did Dealan in eating this evening! He was like "Where do you keep it!" and I was like "I don't know!". I had fourths. Fourths. This sort of fish stew was just so good, I just couldn't help myself. Dealan and I talked about cosplay and the commissions he and his girlfriend do. It's a pretty cool business.

We all ate ice cream when everybody was done eating; a sudden idea of Paul, and the room was just filled with conversations everywhere. "The room was buzzing with conversations". Is that how you say it metaphorically? I'm sort of trying to make up for the horrible fail at the beginning of the evening when I couldn't get a joke made by Joost about something. I take stuff to literally and am often the last one to get a joke. If I get it at all.

As the evening carried on it was time for Dealan and me to leave. We stayed around the bonfire for a little while, telling scary stories about evil sparkling vampire wolfs that have dancing competitions and that get dragged into the bushes by a wolf with red eyes. It wasn't the most scary thing every. Then there was a sudden riddle about peace loving smurfs who wore blue hats and red hats. In the end everybody around the campfire died because they couldn't solve the riddle of the red eyed wolf who much desired to speak with Gandalf. That is what happens if you let everybody contribute one line to a whole story.

Dealan and I cycled back home together, and he let me borrow his gloves because my fingers were being reduced to popsicles. It was a very fun evening and  I avoided almost all awkward silences and moments I made a fool out of myself. Today was mighty fancy. We big each other good night, and that he will send me those Naruto parody links over Skype.

Tonight was the moment roughly ten million people have been waiting for: the season finale of Sherlock that was broadcasted this evening on BBC One. It was dark, it was sinister, and it was a mind fuck. A complete and utter devastating mind fuck to the face. Now the waiting game is on. Two years till the next season, I hope I will survive. Absolutely loved Mycroft. I like the older Holmes brother. He's just so fancy.

Now I survived today's business trip successfully I have to find a way to bluff myself through an art assignment on analyzing a painting. It's quite a big deal and I still don't have anything. Literally nothing, nada, super screwed nothing. I don't even have a painting that I want to analyze yet. I also have to do mathematics for tomorrow, still. How am I going to bluff myself through tomorrow?

It's currently 1:48 and I want something to drink, but I'm just so tired, I don't want to make an effort on actually getting something to drink. Writing today's blog has already been such an effort, I think I deserve a cookie. With chocolate. I guess I will have to get up early to make an attempt at mathematics and tell my art teacher a terrible excuse as to why I don't have my assignment.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I wanna go to Dutch just to woop their arse in a shoot off >:)
    Hehe...
    No, just no :3
    Do they use recurve or compound bows?

    ReplyDelete