16.1.14

Fashionably Late



I was late today because I wanted to finish some snacks in utter peace. Meaning I was as slow as a snail. I was downstairs at five past eight, which left me more than enough time. Then I lost five minutes doing my eyes brows, and ten minutes eating. It was worth it though, it was one of the most relaxed mornings I've had in weeks. No rushing, just calm and relaxed. Unfortunately the janitor wasn't very understanding.

I've been feeling tired the entire day. It took me some time to find Mr Dirkx in the right classroom. No matter what the time tables say, he will always be in the same classroom. I should have known that when I went downstairs to say that he wasn't at classroom 630, but instead I had to be an ignorant fool sporting hope on getting rid of my record on getting late. It didn't get me off from yet one hour of detention again, it only caused me to become more tired because I had to walk six stairs up and down, twice. I don't recommend that with a backpack that weights a ton.

Mr Dirkx explained how we don't be having biology tomorrow because he has a DNA something with higher classes, and he will be giving information on his subject; biology, to 3rd graders. It's part of the 'Choose Wisely' program. I remember it from last year when I was a 3rd grader. It's really cool. You get to select a list of classes you would like to have information on, and then you can follow an hour, or two hours of those classes. 

I went to computer science, art, geography, French, German, biology, applied mathematics, history, physics, hell I went to almost every one of them. This was mostly because I was bored and just joined classes that weren't on my time table. Initially my time table had three original subjects I could attend: computer science, applied mathematics, and biology.

It's funny that I attended German and French because I hate either one of them. I choose to do the German class because it was right across the classroom where I had just attended either French or geography and because Mr Linckens was giving it. He was my old German teacher before he went to an other school. I choose French because they were singing songs and doing puzzles. Mostly the music, though. 

The physics and applied mathematics classes were absolutely packed. They were up to the door. I'm so happy I got to attend both of them. It was mighty fancy, although applied mathematics was rather boring. We just got a piece of paper with some crap on it. Applied mathematics was with magnets and shit. Mighty fancy.

But enough about my wild adventures of the past. As usual I had two free hours which I used to make the chemistry homework of today and listen to music. Ramona accompanied me and we shared a computer. It was fun.

I had religion after my free hours, and I hate it. The teacher is nice, but the subject, just no. I'm no religious myself and the classes are boring so there is not much for me in it. I just sat my arse down and did some physics, much to Mr Moon's objections. We had to make a summary of a text, and I had marked the important areas, so which he said wasn't enough. 

Then when we were about to discuss our answers he strolled over to Marc, who sits next to me and said his work was perfect. And this was while he had marked the text too, even worse than me. When I called my religion teacher out on it he looked pretty busted but he recovered rather quickly. He says Marc's work is superb while he did less than me, and whines about me not doing enough? No, just no. He knew I was pissed.

I don't know how I keep managing this, but I survived yet an other chemistry lesson of Mr Van Well. This time with a story on political party members with a stomach bypass who can't drink just a few sips of alcohol without getting drunk immediately. We were discussing the Lethal Dose 50% and PPM levels in various substances, like alcohol.

I feel bad about procrastinating on watching Ripper Street. I want to eat popcorn and watch good TV, but I'm too much of a procrastinating derp. I did do some laundry today and cleaned my room. It looks fancy yet again. Also, the Bruna left a voicemail message to my dead phone that is now recharging saying that the book I ordered came in! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow before I go to school.

I have to get my B12 injection tomorrow, not something I'm looking forward to. At least I have the book that can cheer me up. I have the first three hours because Mr Van Well takes part in the 'Choose Wisely' program too, giving information on his subject: chemistry. Dirkx's classes drop too, and adding those two to an initial first free hour it allows me to stay in bed till ten if I want to.

Tomorrow is my time to shine as a stand-in PE teacher giving two hours of handball. Something I know nothing about. I'm a duo with Tamara, a girl from my class who plays the sport, and the one who suggested it, but she has been sick the past two days. I hope she shows up tomorrow, otherwise I'm pretty fucked. Before I leave home tomorrow I'm going to conjure up a great scheme on how to nail two hours of perfect PE without it ending in absolute failure. On the bright side; I don't have to do a thing myself. No warming ups, no nothing. Just a few of demonstrations and I can sit my arse down whistling a flute as referee.

It's one past midnight and I've stuffed my face with biscuits and enjoyed myself with two cups of tea. A good ending to this day if I say so myself. I read a bit of Sherlock fan fiction, vacuum cleaned my drawers and have the prospect of some good reading material tomorrow. Yeah, a good ending to this day. 

Too bad I burned my bacon strips. I just remembered that. They were more black than brown when I set my teeth in it. Not a grand success. My sister did make them perfectly, though. I shouldn't have taken my eyes of mine. Poor bacon strips. Also, I made a deal with someone in the online Minecraft community. Now he has to like all my posts and leave a comment on every single one of them. Glorious.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

No comments:

Post a Comment