14.1.14

Unfortunate mathematical outcome


I felt like a zombie this morning. I dragged myself out of bed and rushed out of the door to mathematics first thing in the morning. Ain't that a joy? I went to bed at 2 AM last night and I hadn't done a single thing this weekend. This unfortunate string of events lead to me getting a three for mathematics when Mr Moelker was shuffling around the classroom checking everybody's homework. I was so fucked. Of all dates he checks our homework it has to be today. I could have cried that moment.

Mr Dirkx was slightly late for class. My classmates had already run off downstairs because well, they take every chance they can get to avoid classes. I just stayed put, all alone. One minute after they left Dirkx appeared from the Beta lab. I was just standing there a bit awkwardly going like "Hi, yeah I'm the only one here, hehe." Dirkx called to the reception and after a short while the others joined us too. We spend the hour working by ourselves. I made potential test questions to stamp the stuff in my head. I really want to score good on this test after the failure they call my Essay. A five, a bloody five!

It could have just been me, but I noticed that Dirkx isn't as friendly as he once was to me. Was it because I failed my essay? It was probably nothing but my own insecurities that I'm being derpy like that. It makes me feel a bit less wanted. It's probably nothing, though.

During biology Marc told me that Mr Endert's classes got dropped today because the poor man has been overworking himself. Mr Endert is a really kind man, and we have common interests, so I feel sorry for him. At that point the situation was still rather vague for me. I had no idea what was going on.

Art class was actually quite boring today. We weren't doing anything productive, really. I was just chatting for a bit with my friend Birgit the whole time, doodling some Manga characters in my dummy; a blank book specially used by art students. We call it a dummy. Mine's like gigantic compared to all the other dummies, it barely fits in my bag. Fortunately for me Mr De Ligt told me I could turn in the art assignment tomorrow because I didn't have it tomorrow. At least that part went well, unlike mathematics. 

We migrated with a small part of our big group to an other spot during the break. It sort of just happened. Katinka took the lead and walked upstairs and we stayed there. If you have the entrance to my school, you can go up one grand staircase and you come at a midsection with restrooms and radiators on both sides. We hang around at the left radiator now. 

It was actually my old spot from last year where I hung out with my friend Ruella. I asked her to join us for the second break, but she never did. Ever since we went to separate classes our friendship has been deteriorating and I have the strong feeling that we have drifted apart. She now hangs out with a classmate called Ramona. I have been replaced, I guess.

Katinka didn't know who Mr Endert was. I was discussing the subject of the dropped classes with Marc and she was like "What, who is that?". Then I saw him walking downstairs and asked him about whether physics was a go or not. He told me that he wouldn't be teaching, but that we could come to ask questions. Then he went on his merry way again downstairs, probably to the teachers lounge, and then I turned to Katinka saying "Well, that was Mr Endert." She looked at me with a puzzled expression not knowing who I meant. After some wild gestures in the man's general direction she "oh'd". 

The next two hours are not really worth mentioning other than that my English teacher always says he's dating hot young woman. He's a married man in his fifties, it's hilarious. Social studies Was rather uneventful. We were talking about politic groups and their ideas. It seems like there is one group that no one can join, which is the VVD. Geert Wilders is it's sole member and also the head of it.

In the first break I had bought six croissants for two Euros since there's always this action on Monday in the Plus, allowing you to buy three croissants for an euro. Quite convenient. The less convenient thing was that there was a line that reached to the back of the store. Katinka had gone with me and we had to wait quite a while until it was our turn. We both had the same thought of just eating the food while standing in line since it would take forever. However, we contained ourselves.

I was munching on croissants during the second break on the same spot, which now seems to be our permanent spot, I guess. Katinka had bought those giant chocolate muffins. I was debating whether I should go ask questions to Mr Endert after the break, which I eventually did. I headed upstairs and waited, and waited.

I thought he wasn't going to show up and made way to leave. Just when I wanted to open the door to the hall downstairs he was right there opening the door to go to the classroom. "Oh, ah there you are!" I said surprised. As I was expecting I was the only one who actually showed up to ask questions. I still had difficulties with some formulas and this was the perfect opportunity to ask questions. It's like private tutoring!

He commented how it was smart of me to show up and we entered the classroom. I asked him some questions on how some formulas worked and how to remember them better. Apparently you don't have to remember then since they are in BINAS, which is the most convenient thing ever. As the curious person I am I of course wanted to know how to do things the hard way, like higher classes do it. Too bad he couldn't explain it to me because it would take too much time. At least he didn't flat out refused me like Mr Moelker and Mr Bontebal. I know they mean well, but it still sucks. It makes me feel stupid.

One thing led to an other and at some point we sidetracked from the Doppler effect to computer science, to how his vacation in Pole land was and the reason of the big box of chocolate laying on his desk. He started hyperventilating today, which caused him to drop all classes for the day, and gave the class he was teaching quite a scare. That class then decided to buy him a giant box of chocolate, so sweet.

We spend one full hour talking about random stuff. Apparently there was this action for a 32 GB USB drive for 12.50 Euros at the Aldi, a grocery store of the sorts. I went there after we bid each other goodbye but it was sold out. Still, I was really proud that I managed to find it within ten minutes. I had no idea where I was going the entire time but  I managed to find it, somehow. Did I finally develop a sense of orientation? I sure hope so.

Once I was home I went upstairs and crawled in bed with all my cloths on like dead meat. On that precise moment I made the comparison to me being an addict of sleeping and if that is how addiction feels like I can understand why it's so damn hard to stop doing the thing you are addicted to it. I never imaged that feeling tired could be such an eye opener.

My mom called from downstairs after ringing me, saying that it was dinner time at around six. I heard the buzzing of my phone but I was too tired to care. It was so hard to drag my arse out of bed to go downstairs to eat. I managed it, though. My mom had made pee soup, which was quite lovely. I wasn't in the mood of eating, though. I just wanted to sleep, nothing else.

I was in such a foul mood after my mom woke me, it was horrible. I pitied my family afterwards. I fought the urge to go to sleep again, though. Instead I finished my art assignment! I spent around two hours on it, and the results are pleasing. I'm going to print it tomorrow in the school library and hand it over to Mr De Light. I was drinking Moroccan Mint through the whole thing. There is still some water left in the kettle so I know what I am going to do first thing in the morning.

After the art assignment was completed I went out to get some chocolate. I also brought a chipolata pudding back with me from the store for my mom. I still have one bar left of the two I bought for tomorrow. Tea and chocolate in the morning, something to look forward to. For the rest I got exposed to some really awesome music this evening and watched some stuff with Benedict Cumberbatch in it like 'Behind the Scenes' and 'The Graham Norton Show'. That otter meme, genius.

I had several arguments with someone online on Minecraft this evening too. The guy I was arguing with was acting like a little kid, while I know he is capable of mature behavior, and saying offending stuff I will not repeat here. I think he is just pissed off because I didn't responded with exploding joy to his stupid teasing some days earlier. Now he is convinced I hate him like an ignorant fool, it's pretty hilarious. When he started bringing up my family I was thoroughly done with him. Little shits like him are good exercises for in real life situations where someone is being stupid, childish and ignorant. Maybe he'll turn around, though. Who knows.

My room is a mess, I really have to clean it again. There is random stuff laying around everywhere. I also still have to make those book covers. Now there are pins sticking out of my couch because I couldn't put them anywhere else while I was working. I noticed them when I was walking past them. There is also a lot of silverware scattered around my room from eating lasagne and a dish from that burger I ate on Saturday. It's not made from actual silver, though. I ain't that fancy.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

No comments:

Post a Comment