21.1.14

Today is Monday?



I was almost late. Hence the word almost, though. I woke up at 7:28 by a door slamming close downstairs. It it wasn't for someone's violent act I would have missed mathematics. I got dressed really quickly and managed to get there in time. To top off my initial lateness; I spend twenty minutes talking to someone from Australia over Skype while putting on my trousers and throwing books in my backpack.

You remember how I said I had so much free time last night? I had all the time in the world, really. Apparently not enough time to read two page numbers properly. this particular turn of events rewarded me a two in mathematics by Mr Moelker himself. I read the page numbers wrong, causing me to make the wrong homework. I felt so screwed over, I just wanted to throw a tantrum right there, flipping all the sheets and stuff into the air like a fuming toddler. Luckily for my suppressed indignity I avoided such situations. Barely.

During biology Dirkx was talking about something, but I wasn't really paying attention to it because I missed the first part. I was just casually reading my book when all heads turned to me. Dirkx kind of swooped over to be able to see my face, looking expectant of me. Most awkward moment of the day, that was. He had asked me a question about meioses, but I didn't know that. I said I had only heard the ending, and then everybody made dramatic sounds like it was I just revealed the ending of an epic tale to a very dramatic love story or something. Genius.

Art class was boring apart from the fact that Birgit and I went on an adventure of epic proportions. What we actually did was taking photographs of cracks in the pavement and stains. It wasn't much of an adventure until I decided to make a mad dash out of an ally like a fool. That was fun. I should almost have enough material to finish that project for next Monday. I only need to do a few more things until everything is done.

Surprisingly enough did Mr Lier not talk about any of his 'dates'. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, though. I did catch him insulting us in English, saying he could just call us whatever he wants because we wouldn't understand shit anyway. He's mostly right about that, though. I 'Oi'd!' him on multiple occasions because of this.

I fought with Marc over a pencil because he stole it from me. It escalated quickly and he nearly toppled me over my table, my chair along side me. I pushed him in the face because he scratched my hand. Now I have a little scratch on my right hand. He stole it because he didn't have a pencil, so I let him borrow it for the next hour.

We didn't do anything, like literally nothing during social studies. It was boring beyond anything. Mrs Twilhaar looked like shit, too. I shouldn't be saying that but she really looked like she had known better days. Maybe it's because of her pregnancy, I don't know. she looked really tired and pale. We spend the hour talking in amongst our democratic group; the NNP. We have three members: Marc, Yarni and me.

Because physics got dropped no one went. No one but me. I scored very low for my last test so I went to Mr Endert to ask for help. He explained everything to me and as he was looking at my answers again he actually added a few extra points because I was right on the last questions, but in a different context. My mark went from a 3.3 to a 5, something I think is quite a feat for just dropping by to ask for help. I think he partly did it because I seem to be the only one dedicated enough to actually show up to ask questions and I'm one of the few people who do homework, but that could just be me. 

I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot on my way home. I thought he would think me a fool, which he probably did, but it wasn't awkward at all. It actually got me 1.7 extra points on my mark, making me a very happy person.

My friend Birgit is writing this awesome story called The Specials and I've read the first chapter, and I'm loving it. I also finished reading this Doctor Who fan fiction, which was very funny to read through. It's called Keeping The Stars Apart and I highly recommend it. It's the sequel to Starlight, so I suggest you read that first if you want to know what is actually going on all the time. It's filled with a lot of humor and I absolutely loved reading both stories.

There was this moment when I felt really weird. It was Monday. I felt so weird because I thought it was anything but Monday. And then there it is: Monday. I also heard that today was Blue Monday, which I can relate to. Ugh, mathematics. Is it that I hate myself that I do this sort of stuff, or is someone sabotaging my life?

I've had my cup of tea and my daily dose of literature. Time to face plant my bed.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

No comments:

Post a Comment