8.11.13

Fry Friday

 

With fries and root canals.

I skipped school today; I was so tired, and I still am. I got out of bed at 12:15 for my dentist appointment. Root canal treatments are such a joy. At least I don't have to come back again for a long time. 

When I entered the 'operating' room all the assistants and interns were in a fuss because there was a wasp flying around, and no one dared to capture or kill it. I was just watching them very awkwardly when the door opened. My dentist walked in and asked the 2 woman: 'Where's my patient?' with a very confused look, making me cough awkwardly. I was standing in the corner behind the door so he didn't see me at first. Eventually the dentist captured the wasp. It was quite a funny situation.
During the root canal treatment the dentist and his intern (I assume), where constantly discussing things which I didn't understand. It was pretty annoying since I couldn't ask them anything about it because they were halfway down my throat with instruments. Not really, but the metaphor describes how comfortable I was so well. The strangest words I heard during the procedure were 'kiwi' and 'pistol'. I probably misheard the first word, though.

After around one hour  I was done. Because of the sedative they injected my upper jaw with, it felt as if my lip was all swollen up; needless to say it felt pretty weird. My front tooth was hurting pretty bad as well. I just drove straight home and laid down on my bed.

I had promised a friend that I'd be at decor building this Friday, so even though I just wanted to sleep till hell freezes over I got up again and went there. Eventually it turned out that the person leading the group had called in sick today, so the whole thing was canceled. That didn't stop a small portion of the group, me included, to go to the local snack bar to eat fries, though. We always do that after decor building, it's tradition.

When we were eating an other member of decor building walked in the snack bar and joined us. He looked pretty down, and eventually he started crying. Not the sort of sobbing crying, but just tears falling down his cheeks. Everybody was very worried and tried to cheer him up, but nothing helped. After we were done eating he went to my friend's house with an other friend while I went home. I have a suspicion it's because his girlfriend didn't want to meet up with him.
 
Once I was home I got fries for the entire family for dinner and my mom watched "My Kitchen Rules". She's totally addicted to cooking programs. Sometimes I watch them with her.

My mom said that I will probably get in touch with social work again because of my depression. I hate it when people try to deduce me, but perhaps this is for the better. I want to get better so bad; everything is slowely taking it's toll on me. If things keep going the way they are, I won't make this year; I can't stay awake long enough to do study and do homework.

Now I'm completely stuffed with fries and still tired. I'm thinking about buying Lackadaisy Volume I; the art is done amazingly, and the plot seems very interesting. Cats for the win.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak


2 comments:

  1. Fries after decor building...
    Sounds random, but tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do it every Friday, it's mighty fancy. Unfortuntely the place was sold last week to a new owner. I think we will have to find an other place to dine from what I've heard about the new place so far.

    ReplyDelete