17.11.13

Christmas lights in the streets


With new candles, after parties and UPB!

All my candles have burned out. I was downstairs pouting about it to my mom and all of a sudden she just pulls out a heap of candles from a drawer. Now I got five new candles, jay!

Work was rather mediocre, except for the part that there was an after party planned for the departure of one of my colleges. Her name is Lucy and she worked at The Natureshop for 5.5 years. Lucy, I salute you. The people coming had a surprise planned out for her; there was this man she liked who shopped regulary at the shop, for the rest I don't know much about it, but the boys asked him to walk up to her with a buqouet of flowers to wish her well because she was leaving. The thought behind it is so adorable.
I didn't go to the after party; My mom had a movie night planned out for this evening as a family and I heard about the party at work today. I already had plans. I'm not sure if I would have gone anyway; too socially awkward.

One of my colleges, Edward, is such a sweet guy. I just wished our conversations were less awkward. He knows I like to watch movies and I told him how much I was looking forward to Sherlock season 3. The poor soul had never seen the movie. I feel for him. He studies meteorology. I always think about people doing the weather forecast when I see him, which is retarded, but I don't care.

I saw the girl whom I gave the rizotto recipe to again today, but she didn't really look at me twice. I felt screwed over since I sacrificed my pumpkin soup recipe for her, but didn't dwell on it much. We had to over work for 15 minutes. At least we had music.

On my way home I made two pictures of the christmas lights hanging in the streets. They look so nice. While I was walking a man on a bike was shouting 'pardon pardon!' at me from behind. I must have looked very surprised when I turned around; he continued in English as if I was a tourist. Hilarious.

The movie night was fun. We watched 2 episodes of Once Upon a Time, and Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters. I made Union Potato Bulk, and god, it tasted so good. My mom was really surprised about the amount of it; I had already eaten the left overs from their food (fries), and mashed a few of them with my dish and ate everything of it. I'm feeling rather full now, though. Maybe a little too full. It was totally worth it though.

I removed the glass from my floor a couple of days ago when I had dinner in my room. I just didn't want to eat in a messy room so I cleaned everything. By the time I was done my lasagne was just the right temperature for consumption. Timing is key they say. They were right.

PS: See the man on the picture at the right? That's the guy I was on about.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

- knetterzak

1 comment: