24.11.13

The blue crate's apprentice



Before I went to work I read the latest chapter of the Sherlock fan fiction I'm reading and talked to my hun, Tadhg, over Skype. He bought Arma II for me so I can play DayZ. I just love that game and I am really looking forward to downloading it. I had to download Steam, which I did, and download a game, any game; otherwise he couldn't trade it to me. I don't get how Steam works yet. I'll get there, eventually. When I left the Team Fortress II download was at 30%.

Work was very entertaining today. There is this new girl named Fenna. Today was her second work day. Marlot, one of the managers in training, directed her to me to explain how the blue crate system worked. I told her the basics and gave her a few tips. Marlot suggested that I'd lunch together with her at half 4, which was fine with me. Normally I don't like to lunch together with other people because I don't like it when people that I don't know watch me eat. Strange, I know.

I explained a ton of stuff to her and showed her about everything. She will probably forget 60%; it was a lot of information, but that's ok. One learns more from failure than from success. She told me she wants to work in the bread section because it smells so good, and it does indeed. One thing I notice is that every time that a new person gets hired, they get positioned in the bread section. It happened to me too.

We have two juice containers: one for alcoholic beverages (II), and one for fruity drinks and soda (I). We rearranged the contents of juice container I; everything was stuffed in blue crates, making them impossible to lift. We stacked everything in green bottle crates. It took some time but it was so worth it; now I can actually do that container again without asking a strong person to lift crates for me.

Overall, it was a fun day; no highly irritating customers and someone to fret over and unleash my knowledge on. 2 years of experience condensed in four hours. The poor girl. I like to teach people. Too bad that no one really does blue crates other than me.

On my way home I noticed that all the street lights were off. It made the Christmas lights stand out even more. Loved it. I was pretty wary, though. Svenna, a co-worker, had told me that there was a rapist active in the neighbor hood when I had just arrived. When she described him I immediately thought of the creepy dude that lives two blocks from me. He would constantly stand in the street I was passing by, asking personal questions. The creepiness is strong in that one. Now I really think that I should carry a knife.

I ate French bread with my mom, my sister wasn't hungry, and we watched Blacklist and Once Upon A Time. After that I retreated to my lair and plugged my headphones in for some Christmas songs from Skyradio's Christmas Station. Later I switched to heavy metal, and then to opera. Funny how that stuff goes. My sister barged in at 2 AM, shouting that I had to shut up because it was 2 in the morning; I had been 'singing' opera for one hour straight and I must've been a little too loud. I also saw a new trailer for Sherlock - Season 3, #SherlockLives!

After that my friend texted me and directed me to this awesome metal version of Sail from Awolnation. Together we complained about the temperature and that I couldn't feel my toes. Even with socks on, and shoes.

Right now it's half past 4 in the morning and I'm listening to Time To Say Goodbye. I need to upload that computer science assignment tomorrow. I want to learn how to code, not write retarded half arsed PowerPoint presentations on the history of the computer. I think it's fascinating, yes, but no one seems to take it serious. I can hate on the teacher, on the method, on the class, but that is not going to change a damn thing so I don't see the point in that. I'm more into a practical approach, I guess.

I also made an image for if I don't have an image available for a blogpost.
Well, that was my day. How was yours? 

- knetterzak

2 comments:

  1. Derp.The "Sail" cover was copyrighted :(
    Damn shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on my computer if you want to listen to it.

      Delete